Kansas online gambling is live and legal. That’s right, ladies and gents, Kansas legalized gambling online in May 2022, with the first sports betting sites going live just in time for the NFL season on September 1st.
KS Sportsbook Bonus
- Offer valid for new players in Kansas
- Minimum deposit $10
- Bonus bets must be used within 7 after crediting
Deposit match $1,000
- Use code COINFLIP
- Download app
- Join loyalty program
- Sign up today
Licensed & verified
Reviewed by experts
Licensed & verified
Reviewed by experts
It was a wild ride with legislation and regulation moving at breakneck speed, so if you wan to know what happened, take a moment and let us guide you through the legal gambling in Kansas outlook. Or, if you want to take advantage of the best online bonuses and find out more about the specifics of KS online gambling, head on over to our:
Kansas online gambling laws
On September 1st, 2022, six selected online sports betting platforms got the green light to launch in the Sunflower State. The first sites went live, allowing players to place bets from noon. Betting locations include retail sportsbooks at Hollywood Casino, and Kansas Star Casino also began accepting bets.
The new Kansas gambling bill (SB84) was signed into force by Governor Laura Kelly in mid-May, making KS the 35th legal gambling state and the third to launch in the year. In the first 11 days of the new Kansas gambling laws, players placed more than 2.4 million bets, and more than $47 million was won – pretty impressive stuff.
Kansas online gambling laws allow:
- In-person retail and mobile sportsbooks, licensed through the state’s four land-based casinos.
- Each casino to have up to three online skins and 50 retail partners.
- A casino may request one additional skin if they partner with a professional sports team.
- Bettors to make wagers if they meet the Kansas legal gambling age of 21.
- Wagering on professional and college events is allowed when approved by the Kansas Gambling Commission.
The Kansas gambling tax rate is 10% for online and retail operators. KS bettors must declare their net gambling profits on yearly tax returns as part of their total income.
The Kansas Gambling Commission controls all gambling regulations in the Sunflower State, issuing licenses and ensuring that current licensees uphold regulations providing fair and safe online gambling. A large part of the Commission’s remit is player safety and ensuring the integrity of gambling in the state.
If you require help with responsible gambling, you can learn more about the KS self-exclusion list or use the KS Responsible Gambling Alliance service, which offers phone and web support.
What’s up next for Kansas, and when will online casinos launch?
Unfortunately, at this time, we don’t have the answers, and there’s no plan to legalize Kansas online casino games. If you’re located in KS and want to play real money casino games, you must visit one of the land-based establishments near you.
Alternatively, if you want to play for free, you can sign up and enjoy slots, table games, and even online poker using a sweepstakes casino – they are a legal, social gaming option.
Best Kansas gambling sites
Every online gambling site is a little bit different, but they all come together in offering a similar product and service, meaning we can tell you precisely what to look for in the best Kansas gambling sites:
- Regular, big bonuses: Bonuses make things more fun and keep your bankroll boosted. The best Kansas gambling sites offer plenty of deals with fair terms and conditions and are easy to use.
- A wealth of sports, markets, and top odds: The average number of sports at US bookies is 25, while most sites offer thousands of markets and competitive odds. The best sites offer a wide range, covering both the big and little leagues, and ensuring their odds top the charts.
- Great design and ease of use: Betting sites should be easy to use and work without a hitch. If a site is glitchy or makes it hard to find essential info, avoid it.
- Mobile-ready: Most gamblers now use their phones to lay bets, and the best sites know this, providing mobile apps and streamlined mobile-ready sites that can be accessed from any browser.
- Licensed, safe, and secure: Lastly, but most importantly, only ever play at licensed and secure betting sites. In KS, your betting site must be licensed by the KS Gambling Commission. Sites without this stamp of approval are not safe and may not payout winning bets.
What’s the best way to find the best Kansas online gambling sites? Right here, of course. Our sportsbook reviews and rating systems make it easy for you to pick the best online betting sites and see where each excels or perhaps doesn’t.
What’s more, if you want to stay up to date with the latest Kansas sports betting news and sites that launch, scroll back up and check out our top list.
Kansas online gambling bonuses
Let’s talk a little bit more about Kansas online gambling bonuses. Bonuses are one of the biggest factors for players when it comes down to picking a gambling site, and it’s not surprising as when you choose well, you can get weekly boosts and incentives that’ll make your bankroll last longer. Some gambling bonuses in Kansas, like loyalty clubs, will even see you earning loyalty points which you can then exchange for online or real rewards.
Here are some of the most common Kansas gambling promotions you’ll find at the top online platforms:
- Bet Boosts or specials: These increase a payout or odds on a bet.
- Insurance: Insurance promos usually come with Parlay bets and protect one leg from failing.
- Cashback: Get a percentage of your losses back over a set period.
- Free bets: Deposit to earn a free bet credit.
- Second chance bets: If a bet loses, the operator will refund it to your account, and you can make a new bet with the money.
- Deposit matches: Make a deposit, and the operator will match the amount.
- No deposit bonuses: Usually reserved for new players, this bonus gives you free money to test out a site.
FAQ – Online gambling in Kansas
From September 1st, 2022, you can legally gamble online in KS. However, currently, only online sportsbooks are legal. Online casinos in KS are not legal yet. Check out our KS sportsbook bonus guide to see the best online sportsbooks and welcome bonuses in this state.
The legal age for gambling in Kansas is 21. When you register to bet online or in person, the operator will ask for a copy of your ID, your name, address, DOB, and the last four digits of your social security number. This information is used to verify your identity and age.
You can find the best online gambling sites listed here. At Coinflip.com, we review the top legal betting sites and online casinos so that you get a fairer flip of the coin and can take advantage of the best real money wagers and bonus deals with online gambling Kansas.
Gambling bonuses make things more interesting by giving you something extra. However, it’s only a good idea to take a bonus if it has fair terms and conditions and fits your budget. When bonuses meet these conditions, they can increase your bankroll, let you play for free, or give you extra onsite perks.
Must be 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-522-4700.